Browse Items (27 total)

  • Tags: Post Card

3795.jpg
Photographic reproduction of a postcard showing PKC from the Walnut St. bridge. At right we see Mill #1, and to its left the power plant and smokestack. At left we see what is probably Mill #4 (built in 1900), before an additional Mill #5 was…

6562.jpg
From across the Silver Lake Outlet this postcard shows several of PKC's structures in the early 1900s. At the front are Mills #1 and 2, with a smokestack to the left of them. A smokestack to the right marks the engine house for Mill #3.

The…

6115.jpg
A postcard in poor condition yields a rare look at the final stage of manufacturing undergarments. Located in Mill #4, finished goods were first inspected, then ironed and packaged for delivery worldwide. The image has been lightly edited to minimize…

6114.1.jpg
This postcard is in poor condition but offers a distinctive view on the Seaming Room and its many employees.

1.jpg
Unofficially known as the "Oh My God" Road, this winding route was created to service silver mines, some of which are visible in the postcard view. It's of interest because this location probably was the basis for New Deal Gallery artist Philip…

Geneseo Main front.jpg
The distinctive "Sky Tint" blue of this postcard probably dates it to the 1920s, and in confirmation we see both horse-drawn wagons and automobiles on Geneseo's (as-yet unpaved) Main Street. At left is the sign of Frazer, Green & Leadinham's hardware…

Walker House front.jpg
Postcard shows guests taking in the scenery at a popular hotel located next to the Silver Lake Railroad. Actually, it was the second Walker House, the first having burned down in 1857. That earlier hotel was operated by Artemus B. Walker, whose…

Honeoye Falls front.jpg
At the time of replacing this bridge where Main St. crosses Honeoye Creek, it was nearly 100 years old, having been constructed in the early 1830s of local quarry stone. It was the only crossing in that village, save for a ford upstream of Honeoye…

Geneseo Bridge front.jpg
At the time of this photograph wooden structure was at least 70 years old, having been constructed in 1830 by a Mt. Morris contractor named Russell Daboll. Its design was somewhat unusual in that wood was used even for the abutments upon which the…

Windsor Ferry front.jpg
Operating a ship named the "Windsor," the Charlotte and Summerville Ferry Company ran a service between those two towns located at the mouth of the Genesee River beginning at least in 1877. Passenger use climbed with trolley lines running along both…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2