This church was and still is a center for much activity in Avon. After the school burned down in the 1950s, the church was used for two second grade classes. There was no PA systems, telephones, or bells so there was no connections between the…
George Dooer opened this meat market when he was 19; first bought some farmland and went from having nothing to having one of the longest running businesses. He was the president of the town, supervisor, and county sherriff. His meat market was…
This image is of the certification of Donald Fraser and Archibald Gillis's endowment of $150.00 for lots in Mumford Rural Cemetery. This certificate was signed by S.W. McDonald, secretary and treasurer of the Mumford Rural Cemetery Association, on…
Continuing the reforestation efforts of William Pryor Letchworth after his death, an arboretum was established in 1912 that planted trees in blocks of individual species. <br />
<br />
In the late 1920s, two maps were surveyed and executed by the Garden Club…
Continuing the reforestation efforts of William Pryor Letchworth after his death, an arboretum was established in 1912 that planted trees in blocks of individual species.<br />
<br />
In the late 1920s, two maps were surveyed and executed by the Garden Club of…
This letter, written by Dow to Letchworth, describes the initial reaction Dow and others had to a proposed reforestation project in partnership with Letchworth. Dow discusses his efforts to get in touch with people to begin making the project a…
Illustration from anthology of poems entitled "Voices of the Glen" shows William P. Letchworth's Glen Iris estate with Upper Falls and Erie railroad viaduct in background
Illustration to a collection of poems written by visitors to William Pryor Letchworth's "Glen Iris" estate on the Geneseee River. Its composition suggests that the voice of nature itself--for example, the creek pictured--is being channeled via…
Artist's sketch to accompany Mrs. E. M. Omsted's poem "The Lower Falls of the Upper Genesee at Midnight" in a collection entitled "Voices of the Glen"