Grand Opening of the Perry Bowling Center

Perry Bowling Center.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Grand Opening of the Perry Bowling Center

Description

This advertisement announces the opening of an unusual recreation venue. Beginning with its construction in 1917, a Ford dealership and garage had been located on Covington St., but by the late 1930s was planning to locate.

In 1940 the Perry Rotary Club proposed to purchase the property and "make the hall the recreational center of Perry youth, giving them clean and wholesome atmosphere under capable supervision" (Perry Herald 6 Nov. 1940: 1). In December of that year the Perry Bowling Center announced its grand opening, with residents invited to "inspect the modern appointments of Western New York's newest recreation hall" (Perry Herald 18 Dec. 1940: 2). It remains in operation today.

Date

1940-12-18

Contributor

Cooper, Ken

Source

Digital Archives of the Perry Public Library

Perry Herald 18 Dec. 1940: 2.

Format

jpeg, 1.2 MB

Type

Still image

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Print advertisement

Physical Dimensions

6 x 10.25 in.

Geolocation