Caledonia Advertiser, A.H. Collins, Prop.
Point number 26 on the Burleigh map, the Caledonia Advertiser was founded in 1878 by James Beattie and A[lfred] H. Collins, the latter purchasing sole ownership of the newspaper in 1880. Thereafter, Collins ran the until it merged with the Caledonia Era in 1920 and then he retired in 1922. The paper's politics were assertively pro-business and Republican: this image shows Collins getting out the vote for an off-year election in 1895. His brother, Charles S. Collins, was editor of the Troy Times and the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle.
Caledonia Advertiser 31 Oct. 1895. Courtesy of Tom Tryniski / Fulton History.
jpeg, 375 KB
Still Image Item Type Metadata
2 x 4 in.