Perry Knitting Co. Power Plant

5334.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Perry Knitting Co. Power Plant

Description

From the Walnut St. bridge we see a 210 ft. smokestack, built in 1924 and eventually demolished in 1973. Next to it is the factory's power house and in the foreground is a circular cooling tower. An earlier plant, built in 1894, burned coal to power steam engines and a system of pulleys; this newer one still burned coal, but to create electricity. In the left distance is Mill #5, and to the right is Mill #1.

Publisher

Perry, NY Public Library

Date

Unknown

Contributor

Cooper, Ken

Source

Clark Rice Photography Collection

Format

jpeg, 3.1 MB

Type

Still image

Identifier

5334

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

10 x 8 in.

Geolocation