Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Caledonia Advertiser

Caledonia Advertiser.jpg
Point number 26 on the Burleigh map, the Caledonia Advertiser was founded in 1878 by James Beattie and A[lfred] H. Collins, the latter purchasing sole ownership of the newspaper in 1880. Thereafter, Collins ran the until it merged with the Caledonia…

Fire Fiend 2.jpg
Headline from the weekly Caledonia "Advertiser" describes a major fire that destroyed much of the village's commercial district and the Moss House hotel in 1891. The story goes on to enumerate some of what was lost: "The fire cleaned out two…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2