Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Littleville, NY

Light's Mill@2x.jpg
Real-photo postcard shows a mill site alongside Conesus Creek where Emme Light rebuilt after a fire had destroyed an earlier one named "Glen Avon." He retained that name, and became well known for his trademarked varieties of flour: Peerless, Sweet…

Avon Creeks Map Color.jpg
Beginning in the late 18th century, Conesus Creek and other waterways near Avon provided mechanical power for a variety of milling functions

Ashantee Detail 1902.jpeg
This detail from a 1902 maps shows the Littleville area on Conesus Creek, near the village of Avon NY

-10.jpg
Since the 1960s, the former Light Bros. then Glen Avon Mills has been a family residence
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2