Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Littleville, NY

-10.jpg
Since the 1960s, the former Light Bros. then Glen Avon Mills has been a family residence

Ashantee Detail 1902.jpeg
This detail from a 1902 maps shows the Littleville area on Conesus Creek, near the village of Avon NY

Avon Creeks Map Color.jpg
Beginning in the late 18th century, Conesus Creek and other waterways near Avon provided mechanical power for a variety of milling functions

Light's Mill@2x.jpg
Real-photo postcard shows a mill site alongside Conesus Creek where Emme Light rebuilt after a fire had destroyed an earlier one named "Glen Avon." He retained that name, and became well known for his trademarked varieties of flour: Peerless, Sweet…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2